THE BIRTHPLACE OF FRYDERYK CHOPIN AND PARK IN ŻELAZOWA WOLA
Branch of the Fryderyk Chopin Museum in Warsaw
Żelazowa Wola 15, 96-503 Sochaczew
phone: (+48 46) 863 33 00
Fryderyk Chopin's birthplace and Park are opened:
- from April 1st to September 30th : 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
(The last visitors will enter the Museum at 6.15 p.m., The Birthplace is closed at 6.45 p.m.)
- from October 1st to March 31st: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
(The last visitors will enter the Museum at 4.15 p.m., The Birthplace is closed at 4.45 p.m.)
- January 1st, March 28th, November 11th: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- May 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 15th, 26th and August 15th: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Fryderyk Chopin's birthplace is closed:
- on Mondays (Park is opened)
- from 24th October 2016 to 28th February 2017
Fryderyk Chopin's birthplace and Park are closed:
- January 1st (New Year)
- March 27th (Easter)
- November 1st
- December 24th, 25th, 26th (Christmas)
- December 31st and January 1st 2017 (New Year)
Free Admission: Wednesday
Museum on the map HERE
Because of historical instrument recitals, the Music Room of the Fryderyk Chopin Birthplace in Żelazowa Wola will not be open to visitors on the following days:
3 July, 10:00-11:45 am
9 July, 5:00–6:45 pm
10 July, 9:00-10:00 am
16 July, 5:00-6:45 pm
17 July, 9:00-10:00 am
23 July, 5:00-6:45 pm
24 July, 9:00-10:00 am
31 July, 9:00-10:00 am
- from the 1st of April to the 30th of September 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
The last visitors will enter the Museum at 6.15 p.m.
- from the 1st October to 31st March – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The last visitors will enter the Museum at 4.15 p.m.
Żelazowa Wola (park and museum) 23 PLN
Żelazowa Wola (park) 7 PLN
Żelazowa Wola (park and museum) 14 PLN
Żelazowa Wola (park) 4 PLN
Normal group ticket**
Żelazowa Wola (park and museum) 19 PLN
Żelazowa Wola (park) 6 PLN
Reduced group ticket***
Żelazowa Wola (park and museum) 11 PLN
Żelazowa Wola (park) 3 PLN
Żelazowa Wola (park and museum) 64 PLN
Żelazowa Wola (park) 20 PLN
* Reduced tickets are available for
- pupils studying at primary, secondary, higher education and art schools, attendees of teacher and community service workers training colleges, university students and persons doing doctorate studies, who are citizens of EU member states, Switzerland and all member countries of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), parties to agreement regarding European Economic Sphere,
- persons over the age of 65, retirees, pensioners, those on social benefits pensions, and disabled people with their carers, who are citizens of EU member states, Switzerland and all member countries of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), parties to agreement regarding European Economic Spher,
- teachers of primary, secondary, higher education and art schools, teachers of educational and carer centres; reformatory institutions, shelters for juveniles and diagnostic and consultative centres operating in EU member states, Switzerland and al. member countries of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), parties to agreement regarding European Economic Sphere,
- people awarded badge of merit for \"Care for Monuments\" [\"Za opiekę nad zabytkami\"] and honorary badge for \"Service to Culture\" [\"Zasłużony działacz kultury\"], and honorary title \"For Service to National Culture\" [\"Zasłużony dla kultury polskiej\"],
** Normal group tickets are entitled to the organized groups of at least 15 people.
*** Reduced group tickets are entitled to the organized groups of school children of at least 15.
**** Family tickets are entitled to the parents or legal guardians with children under 18 years old; one ticket is giving access to the museum only for 6 people.
Released from the payment for the entrance to the Museum are
- people awarded Order of White Eagle [Order Orła Białego], Virtuti Militari War Order [Order Wojenny Virtuti Militari], Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland [Order Zasługi Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej], \"Order of Merit for Service to Culture – Gloria Artis” [Medalem \"Zasłużony Kulturze Gloria Artis\"],
- museum staff listed in the National Museums Register [Państwowy Rejestr Muzeów],
- members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM) or the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS),
- holders of Polish Card [Karta Polaka], referred to in the Act of 7 September 2007 regarding Polish Card (Ustawa o Karcie Polaka, Dz.U. no.180, item 1280 and from 2008 no.52, item 305)
- children under the age of 7.
Council of Ministers Directive from 10 June 2008 in regard to description of group of people, who are eligible to fee concession or free entry to national museums, and the type of documents confirming their entitlements (Dz.U. from 3 September 2008).
- We do not conduct online ticket sales for the Birthplace of Fryderyk Chopin and Park. Tickets are available at the ticket office in Żelazowa Wola. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- For Saturday and Sunday concerts, we encourage you to buy tickets to the Birthplace of Fryderyk Chopin and Park 45 minutes ahead in order to avoid waiting in a queue. Thank you.
- Please be careful when walking through the park. Some elements of the architecture along the paths may be difficult to see.
- The easiest way to get to Żelazowa Wola is by train to Sochaczew, then ZKM bus from (bus stop at Sochaczew PKP train station). Bus number 6 – alight at the last stop. Bus tickets: normal 2,8 zlotys, concessionary1,4 zlotys.
Train timetable: http://rozklad-pkp.pl/
- ChopinPASS – admission to the Fryderyk Chopin Museum in Warsaw and Fryderyk Chopin’s Birthplace in Żelazowa Wola, as well as round-trip transportation via comfortable minibus. Departure from Warsaw, Palace of Culture and Science. More info at: www.chopinpass.com.
We hope you enjoy your visit to the Birthplace of Fryderyk Chopin and Park in Żelazowa Wola.