The Gniński Palace (Ordynacki Palace)
tel.: +48 22 44 16 251, 252, 272
Tuesday-Sunday 11.00 a.m. - 8.00 p.m.
phone: +48 22 44 16 251, 252, 272
General issues (secretariat)
Monday-Friday 8.30 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.
phone: +48 22 44 16 274
Monday-Friday 8.30 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.
phone: +48 22 44 16 268
Museum is closed
Due to reconstruction works from 26 November to 8 December following rooms on +1 and +2 levels will be not available for visitors: Fryderyk Chopin's Paris Drawing Room, Women, Nohant, Personality, Travels around Europe and Death.
Chopinoscope. Portraits in the collection of the Chopin Museum from 1849 till now is on view as well as permanent exhibition rooms on 0 and -1 levels.
From 26 November to 8 December entrance to the Museum is free. We pologize for inconveniences.
Museum on the Map:
The Museum does not have its own parking spaces for coaches. Coaches may park at the Fryderyk Chopin Music University according to the rules there, or use municipal car parks:
Tickets office open
Tickets office is closed
Normal group ticket**
Reduced group ticket***
Free admision - Tuesday – you can reserve 55 tickets for a given Tuesday, with 15 issued for a given hour.
* The following are eligible for a discount ticket [pursuant to the Regulation of the Council of
Ministers on defining categories of persons entitled to a discount or free entry to state museums
(Journal of Laws of 2008 No. 160 item 994)]:
1) students of primary, middle, secondary and higher-level schools and art schools, learners at teacher trainer
institutes and social services employee colleges, students and persons pursuing doctoral studies who are
citizens of European Union member states, the Swiss Confederation or member states of the European Free
Trade Association — parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area;
2) persons above the age of 65, retirees, persons on a pension, and disabled persons together with their carers
who are citizens of European Union member states, the Swiss Confederation or member states of the European
Free Trade Association — parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area;
3) teachers at primary, middle, secondary and higher-level schools and art schools, teachers and educators at
educational institutions, reform schools, shelters for minors and diagnostic and consulting centres acting in
member states of the European Union, the Swiss Confederation or member states of the European Free Trade
Association — parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area;
4) natural persons who have been awarded the decoration “For Care of Historic Sites”, the honorary
decoration “Cultural Activist”, the honorary decoration “For Service to Polish Culture” or the honorary title “For
Service to National Culture”;
** Normal group tickets
are entitled to the organized groups of at least 15 people.
*** Reduced group tickets
are entitled to the organized groups of school children of at least 15.
**** Family tickets
are entitled to the parents or legal guardians with children under 18 years old; one ticket is giving access to the museum only for 6 people.
The following are entitled to free entry to museums:
1) natural persons who have been decorated with the Order of the White Eagle, the military order Virtuti
Militari, the Order of Service to the Republic of Poland, or the Gloria Artis medal for service to culture;
2) employees of museums entered in the State Register of Museums;
3) members of the International Council of Museums or the International Council on Monuments and Sites
4) holders of a Polish Card, as referred to in the Act of 7 September 2007 on the Polish Card (Journal of Laws
No. 180 item 1280 and of 2008 No. 52 item 305);
5) children up to 7 years of age.